WHAT is the #MyVoiceMyFuture campaign?
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic has disrupted people’s lives all across the globe.The pandemic has already had an overwhelming impact on young people’s education, with schools and universities being closed in 191 countries, affecting 1.58 billion children and youth globally. Young people transitioning from school to work or already in employment are at risk as well. The global COVID-19 pandemic and impending recession will exacerbate the challenges young people face to transitioning from school to work or beginning their careers, as both finding and retaining decent jobs will become more difficult.
This is why the Global Initiative on Decent Jobs for Youth wants to HEAR from YOU(TH) how the current crisis has affected you and how we can bounce back!
As policy-makers are shaping their responses to the pandemic, youth voices cannot be relegated to the background. While the global health crisis demands that we stay in to beat the virus, there is no reason your thoughts should stay in too.
We encourage all young people to take the Youth & COVID-19 survey and join the #MyVoiceMyFuture social media campaign to tell decision-makers what you think. Don’t underestimate the value of your participation – it has the potential to influence the work of governments and United Nations bodies!
How to join the #myvoicemyfuture
?️Youth voices are CRUCIAL in coronavirus responses.— DecentJobsforYouth (@DecentJobsYouth) April 23, 2020
➡️What do YOU(TH) want?
Tell us by joining the #MyVoiceMyFuture Campaign https://t.co/OkTGEM69DY pic.twitter.com/u2bar1LddS
To join the #MyVoiceMyFuture campaign, tell us and policymakers around the world how the crisis has affected you and how do YOU(TH) think they should respond?
- Take the Youth & COVID-19 Survey so that we can better understand how the pandemic has affected young people’s work, education, learning situation and mental health, as well as give you an opportunity to propose solutions.
- Join the social media campaign - Using the hashtag #MyVoiceMyFuture, feel free to adopt any creative means to tell us:
- What has been the biggest impact of the pandemic on your education or work
- What would be your suggestion to respond to this impact?
- Tag @DecentJobsYouth on Twitter along with 3 other friends, encouraging them to join in the conversation. Young people’s voices matter for a brighter future, tell us what you think.