LIVE webinar: A better Europe for young people – What matters most?
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Education and Culture (DG EAC), Eurofound and the International labour Organization (ILO) will come together in a LIVE webinar to draw on their research findings and explore the challenges facing young people in the aftermath of COVID-19 and in the context of the ongoing war in Ukraine.
Visit the event page
The LIVE webinar will be an opportunity for a forward-looking debate on policy solutions for examining what works in youth interventions, particularly employment.
The discussion will take place against the background of the 2022 European Year for Youth and look at how EU decision-makers can put the young generation at the centre of EU policies and ensure that youth priorities are included across different policy areas at every level of the EU’s decision-making process. Participants are invited to engage in the LIVE debate via an online chat. The panellists will dig deep into issues such as young people’s expectations of the EU and the European Year of Youth and youth participation initiatives; Young people and trust in society as well as young people’s perceptions of the war in Ukraine; and the impact of COVID-19 on youth employment.
- Elisa Lironi, Programme Director for European Democracy, European Citizen Action Service (ECAS)
- Biliana Sirakova, EU Youth Coordinator, European Commission’s Directorate General for Education and Culture (DG EAC)
- Massimiliano Mascherini, Head of Unit, Social Policies, Eurofound
- Susanna Puerto, Senior Youth Employment Specialist, International Labour Organization
- Manon Deshayes, Policy Officer, Social and Economic Inclusion, European Youth Forum
Recording is now available.