Workshop - Unlocking Data to tell the Story of Education in Africa
Education Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA) ZiziAfrique, EdTech Hub and Decent Jobs for Youth are organizing a webinar to get your views on data relating to youth skills and employment.
The objectives of the session are to:
- Present findings from previous meetings and share strategies for increasing access to education data.
- Share the experiences of attendees on challenges and successes in increasing access to data.
- Identify meaningful actions that we can take to increase access to education data.
- Define concrete action for using education data to support youth employment stakeholders in the design and implementation of evidence-based policies and programmes.
Click here to download the webinar concept note and programme.
- Time: 6 May 2021, 1pm-2:30pm GMT
- Venue: Zoom conference
- To register for the webinar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your name and organization. We will review your request and get back to you within 24 hours.
There is limited data on education and how it affects job opportunities for young people in Africa. This affects decision-making about education systems in African countries. There is a need to understand how we can work together to unlock data that will help partners to take concrete steps to support young people in the transition from education into work.
Education Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA), ZiziAfrique and EdTech Hub have been bringing together groups of influencers with an interest in increasing data access and use for education in Africa. These include funders, academics, national statistics offices, and policymakers. Based on feedback from the workshops we plan to build a community of practice for increasing access to and use of education data in Africa.