Call for application: Training of Trainers to promote wage employment in Kenya
The ILO, in the context of project JOY – Jobs Open to Youth, will deliver a capacity building activity on youth employment in Kenya. To this end, the ILO is seeking proposals for highly experienced consultants, based in Kenya, to fulfil the ToRs. The consultant is expected to be available on a full-time basis during the duration of the assignment.
Duration of assignment: 1 November to 10 December 2022
Approximate level of effort: 20 working days
Required qualifications, skills and experience
The preference is for the assignment to be completed by three consultants, two youth employment experts (in particular, one expert on employment services and one expert for skills development) and one training expert. However, proposals for one consultant to complete all deliverables can be considered. The consultants are required to:
• Hold and Advanced University Degree in any of these relevant fields: economics, social science, social policy, development studies, etc., or a related field with experience in skills development or employment services or both.
• Have at least 5 years of progressive experience in working in capacity/skills development, labour market policy and youth employment.
• Demonstrate in depth understanding of labour market and youth employment trends in West Central, a strong focus on Cameroon would be an asset.
• Demonstrate fluency in French with strong written and oral skills
• Demonstrate evidence of similar training material development work done and/or published by the institution or individuals, especially on youth employment, within the past 5- 7 years for the ILO and/or other UN agencies, NGOs or international organizations.
How to apply
Interested individual consultants are invited to apply by sending a brief technical and financial proposals as well as CV to YOUTH@ilo.org Subject: “13.10.2022. JOY – Capacity building activity, Kenya”.
The application deadline is 23 October 2022 23:59 (Geneva time - CEST).